What Type of Documents Do You Notarize?
This is a common question I hear from people. I believe the best way to answer it is by sharing some of my recent notary appointments, as it will show the types of documents I notarize and the various types of people with whom I have the privilege of working.
* A law firm in Springville, Texas, needed an affidavit from a General Counsel at a company in Sunnyvale, California. I worked with the paralegal at the law firm in Texas and the paralegal at the company in Sunnyvale, California to schedule the notary appointment to notarize the affidavit.
* An attorney in Redwood City, California wanted a couple of consent forms for text messages notarized with his client.
* A former husband in Seattle, Washington required a quitclaim deed and court settlement document to be notarized with his former wife working in Santa Clara, California. He called me to meet with his former wife to travel to her office to notarize the two documents.
* A business in Redwood City, California is opening bank accounts in Great Britain. A commom requirement with opening foreign bank accounts are copies of utility bills, passports, and or drivers licenses. I met with a couple of their business executives to notarize their copies of identification documents.
* A business in the construction industry located in San Jose, California, called me to bring notary services to them to notarize a progress payment form. This form states the final payment in a particular phase of the project.
* A business located in Redwood City, California contacted me to travel to their office to notarize power of attorney documents for a product they developed to expand into foreign markets (they are helping our trade deficit!).
* A couple in San Jose, California called me to bring notary public services to them. They had a pension election form that required notarizations.
* A title company in Palo Alto, California contacted me to complete a refinance mortgage loan signing with a couple at their home in Milpitas. The wife just had surgery, so the convenience of executing their loan documents at their home instead of the title office in Palo Alto was important.
* A fiduciary person (aka registered guardian) in San Jose, California 95128 contacted me to meet with her client in Sunnyvale, California to notarize a power of attorney.
* An estate planning attorney in Santa Rosa, California contacted me to meet with her and her clients at the husband’s office in Menlo Park, California. The attorney worked with the couple to do their estate planning and had a few documents requiring notarization (trust, grant deed and durable power of attorney).
* A former wife at the Family Court in San Jose, California 95113 called me on short notice. She was in the midst of a divorce and needed to file an interspousal transfer deed. The supervisor of the court is one of the people who signed it and I notarized it. The former wife also signed it and was notarized.
* A wealth management firm in San Francisco, California contacted me for traveling notary services. They had clients in Los Altos Hills, California and in Cupertino, California. The forms requiring notarizations were trust certification forms.
* A sister with a brother at O’ Connor Hospital, San Jose, California 95128 called me for traveling notary service. Her brother had an advanced healthcare directive they wanted notarized.
* A paralegal at a law firm in San Francisco, California contacted me to meet their clients at the clients home in Atherton, California. They had several grant deeds requiring notarizations.
* A wife (and future mom) contacted me to meet with her and her physician in Portola Valley, California to notarize a couple of forms for adopting an international child.
Join my Facebook Fan Page www.Facebook.com/ChampionMobileNotary to learn more about the daily adventures of a mobile notary public & loan signing agent in the San Francisco Bay Area Peninsula and South Bay.
Call Me At: (650) 290-3550 or (408) 355-3700
Latest posts by cathy (see all)
- Happy New Year! - January 14, 2013
- Inspirational Annual Salute to Women in Sports - November 19, 2012
- How to Prevent Identity Theft During and After a Divorce - October 9, 2012